Gabba Gabba Hey : An Anthology Of Fiction Inspired By The Music Of The Ramones
"Well, I think we're the greatest rock-n-roll band in the world..." - Joey Ramone
Ramones changed rock-n-roll forever and 45+ years later their legacy is as strong as ever.
Gabba Gabba Hey is an anthology of fiction inspired by the music of the Ramones.
We asked writers from all over the world to choose a Ramone's song and write a story inspired by that song . The resulting 24 stories contained in this anthology are as varied as the songs themselves ranging through the Crime, Horror and Music genres from writers from all across the world - some of whom knew or met or even played with The Ramones. For example the anthology kicks off with a first-hand account written by David Noonan (DT Graves - drummer & founder member of punk stalwarts The Cryptkeeper Five) where he recounts the night he backed up Joey Ramone on the drums - from there the anthology blasts off into a world of Ramones tales & stories that just keep building and building with an intensity that mirrors the songs themselves.
Add to that an Introduction written by Fahrenheit Press founder and life long Ramones fanatic Chris McVeigh + a preface by author & LA Punk Queen Brenda Perlin and it's fair to say that this book really is something special and a definite must have for any Ramones fan.
Oh, and we might also have just accidentally created the greatest Ramones compilation album ever - seriously, look at this track-listing...
- Do You Remember Rock 'n’ Roll Radio by David Noonan
- It's Not My Place by Philip Charter
- I Wanna Be Well by Christopher Bond
- Somebody Put Something in My Drink by CW Blackwell
- I Wanna Live by Clark Boyd
- Pinhead by Kelly Robinson
- Suzy Is A Headbanger by Derek Farrell
- Cretin Hopp by Mike Burr
- Rockaway Beach by Lex Vranick
- The KKK Took My Baby Away by Kevin David Anderson
- The Crusher by Shaun Avery
- 7/11 by Amanda Crum
- I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend by Vinnie Hansen
- S.L.U.G. by Thomas Pluck
- Danny Says by Hannah O’Doom
- My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg) by Bret Nelson
- Baby I Love You by Tina Jackson
- Chainsaw by Gregory Nicoll
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by James Ryan
- Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight) by Joshua L. James
- Sheena Is a Punk Rocker by Wendy Davis
- I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement by Christina Delia
- Main Man by Joseph S. Walker
- Too Tough To Die by Jon Park
Put on some Ramones records, read these stories, and lose yourself in the universe of one of the most influential rock-n-roll bands that ever walked onto a stage.
"Gabba Gabba Hey, One of us, One of us, We accept you, One of us..."
The book is printed 8.5" x 8.5" format and is available in both Paperback (£14.99) & Hardback editions (£24.99)
There will also be a very limited edition fine art print of the painting featured on the cover 'Hey Ho, Let's Go..." which was painted by Fahrenheit founder Chris McVeigh - click here for more details.